Great roof performance goes deeper than shingles. It takes a complete system to save money, energy and help save the planet. Ventilation + Insulation = fewer problems!
- Did you know up to 40% of conditioned air escapes through the attic? Adding attic insulation and sealing air leaks can cut heating and cooling energy bills up to 20%.
- Adding Owens Corning insulation to your attic can reduce gas house emissions by over a half ton each year.
- Cellulose insulation can loose up to 25% of its R value in a ten year period due to settling.
- Owens Corning fiberglass shingles will not shrink over a period of time.
- Cellulose insulation is made principally from newspapers - a combustible material. It must be treated with a fire retardant chemical to meet minimum fire safety standards.
- Fiber glass insulation is made from sand, an inherently non combustible material.
- Therefore, glass fibers will not burn and requires no fire retardant chemicals.
Visit www.energysavers.gov for customized insulation recommendations in your area code.